CSB SAFETY VIDEOS DVD LIST - RELEASED JUNE 2013
ALSO AVAILABLE AT WWW.CSB.GOV AND WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/USCSB
CLICK HERE TO REQUEST THE CSB'S SAFETY VIDEOS ON A THREE DVD SET
1. Death in the Oilfield - An oil tank explosion kills three workers performing hot work.
2. Fire from Ice - Fire cripples a refinery after propane leaks from a frozen dead leg.
3. Static Sparks Explosion in Kansas - Static electricity ignites a storage tank, forcing a community to evacuate.
4. Emergency in Apex - A North Carolina town is evacuated when fire engulfs a hazardous waste depot.
5. Anatomy of a Disaster - A massive explosion kills 15 and injures 180 at the BP Texas City refinery.
6. Reactive Hazards - Four major accidents illustrate the dangers from uncontrolled chemical reactions.
7. Public Worker Safety - Two public employees burn to death performing unregulated hot work.
8. Explosion at Formosa Plastics (Illinois) - A preventable human error leads to a vinyl chloride explosion, killing five.
9. Hazards of Nitrogen Asphyxiation - Two contract workers suffocate while servicing a refinery process vessel.
10. Fire at Formosa Plastics (Texas) - Without safeguards, a small collision leads to a massive process fire.
11. Dangers of Propylene Cylinders - Gas cylinders, rocketing from a fire, endanger a St. Louis neighborhood.
12. Ethylene Oxide Explosion at Sterigenics - At a sterilization plant, bypassing a safety interlock has catastrophic results.
13. Dangers of Flammable Gas Accumulation - When acetylene explodes inside a shed,
three workers lose their lives.
14. Preventing Harm from NaHS - Sodium hydrosulfide may create deadly hazards at pulp mills, mines, and tanneries.
1. Fire in the Valley - A runaway reaction at a pesticide plant causes a catastrophic explosion and fire.
2. Deadly Practices - Fires and explosions result from intentional releases of natural gas into work areas.
3. Dangers of Hot Work - Key lessons to prevent flammable vapor explosions caused by welding and cutting.
4. No Escape: Dangers of Confined Spaces - A chemical fire erupts deep in a hydroelectric
plant tunnel, trapping five workers.
5. No Place to Hang Out - After two friends die, Mississippi teens investigate the dangers of oil and gas sites.
6. Inferno: Explosion at Imperial Sugar - Accumulations of sugar dust fuel massive explosions, killing 14 workers.
7. Runaway: Explosion at T2 Laboratories - A heat-producing chemical reaction runs out of control, killing four workers.
8. Combustible Dust: An Insidious Hazard - Dust from industrial processes can become the fuel for devastating explosions.
9. Emergency Preparedness - Lessons from ten years of CSB investigations
on preparing for chemical disasters.
10. Half an Hour to Tragedy - Remaining too close to a propane leak proves fatal to responders and others.
11. Blast Wave in Danvers - Solvent vapor explodes at a Boston-area ink plant, devastating a neighborhood.
1. Deadly Contract – An explosion and fire in Waipahu, Hawaii kills five workers during an operation to dispose of contraband fireworks performed under a federal contract.
2. Inherently Safer: The Future of Risk Reduction – An examination of the concept of inherent safety and its application across industry.
3. Hotwork: Hidden Hazards - Welding on top of a storage tank containing flammable vapor leads to tragic consequences.
4. Iron in the Fire - Three separate iron dust fires occur in 2011 at the Hoeganaes plant in Gallatin, Tennessee.
5. Experimenting with Danger - Serious accidents in academic laboratories happen while conducting chemical research.
6. Fatal Exposure: Tragedy at DuPont - Three accidents occur over a 33-hour period at the DuPont plant in Belle, WV.
Bonus Feature: About the CSB - Describes how CSB investigations help to prevent major chemical accidents.